NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to arrive in Swans Friday evening. I will book at the the Hampton Inn on points. Booking will be for two queen beds. The plan is to hit the water early sat and head home from fishing. I will be putting in at Hammocks Beach state park.

I have an empty bed if someone is interested in hooking up to whet a Line. Feel free to pm me.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.... I was looking at that and did not see direct access. I won't be dragging my yak out there and back.

I was looking more and I see a ramp just to the right of the park. Public??

I did find the ramp out Bear Creek road.

mikeski

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pointers guys. Seems I have three options.

The end of 1508 at Queen/Dicks Creek
The end of 1503 puts you on the intercoastal between these two
The end of Willis Landing Road at Bear Creek.

I seem to remember people talking about Bear Creek at the Red X outing.

I believe I will do the third option. It will be somewhat protected from the north wind scheduled for Saturday.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, no takers yet on a free bed at the shore and fishing.

Everyone must be hunting. Might it be more comfortable 10 feet up in a tree wrapped up in my hunting clothes and a blanket with hot tea and a rifle across my lap? Well yes it can be.... But I have Saturday only and if I get a deer I have a week of processing chores before it's off to beautiful Point Pleasant, NJ for a fun filled Thanksgiving week with the wife's family. Oh, and the ocean 5 miles away. WooHoo.

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Queens creek gets my vote. Temps are dropping fast so the trout are going to be pushing up the creeks. Im doing my 36hr weekend of work so no fish for me.. Still fighting a cold and a disassembled boat anyway. But good luck! You might run into NCPierman if he is back from his hunting trip..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good luck to you, hopefully it will be a little warmer tomorrow. Bring warm clothes just in case.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input SunDrop. You still fighting that motor? Has it been down since the outing?

No worries Fru... I have many layers and my stocking foot waders.

I see sun, maybe 50 with winds under 10 and falling off with the day. Rain rolled out last night so the water should be good. Sunrise at 6:40, low tide at 7:40am, high at 2pm. I don't think I can ask for more than this in mid Nov.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a great Saturday morning. Clear with frost on the kayak. The wind was up a little more than forecast the day before. I put in at the Bear Creek Wildlife landing. Nice but only room for a few vehicles.

Anyway. I paddled about the bear creek area from the landing to the intercoastal. I managed to catch 6 speckled trout and 2 flounder. They looked like brothers and sisters to each other. All short. I saw one other boat fishingbut it was only around about 20 min. They saw me catch 2 short trout and split. hahahahaha.

It was a good experience. My first attempt on my own. If I had it to do over I would fish the area a different way. So I can try that next time.

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
not a bad first exploration! I have run into more issues and bought another motor. Just have to get time to swap them out between this nasty cold, school and work.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Theramrod, I was going to ask if you participate in the forums. I am batting less than .500 on that Q. It is a conversation started though. You are one lucky sucker living that close to the action. Maybe we can hook up some time and you can educate me. I am always looking to get schooled ;-) Just ask my son about Maine this year.

I need to get my Red X stickers put on my stuff ;-)

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I keep hoping some of you lucky folks with deep pockets will get some nice hats made that we can buy from you. :) So we can spot each other better.. A hat is the one thing everyone wears outdoors regardless of the style of craft or location...

Reactions: BigE818 and dbeam
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.