NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the fishing at Swansboro right now? I am new to fishing in NC. Not really sure what fish are where you know? Any advice on fish, and what they are biting on, and rigs being used is awesome advice for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've been looking around for a decent report on the inside in Broad, gales or Trout creek. I went about two weeks ago and got stumped. Want to take my boys out Friday but dont' know where to take them yet..

rye

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rye, Let me know if you hear anything, my buddies and I want to go fishing soon but schedules aren't really working out right now. Swansboro is so close to Jacksonville it is a perfect place as long as the fish are biting!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
YO have a lot of choices right there on base! YOu have the 8th marines Docks, good for shrimp and reds and rays. The turning bridge down at the beach always has soemthing in the channel. the peir and miles of great surf fishing. There is also the New river area right there in town. YOu have tons of oppurtunities available to you for fishing!

rye

·
Registered
574 Posts
Alien,

First of all welcome aboard, glad to have you. I asked Seabiscuit, our resident White Oak Expert and my father-in-law, to chime in on the WO. I'm sure he will at some point. But, from another post you made, it sounded as if you're shore-bound in your fishing adventures. Not a problem. I can give a cool hotspot, pun intended. Coming from J-ville & going thru S-boro. Before you go over the twin bridges and the causeway, there is a restaurant on the right called the IceHouse. It's right on the waterfront where the White Oak dumps into the ICW. There is a bulkhead between the IceHouse and the bridge that you can fish from. It's also a good spot to throw the cast net for finger mullet.

Those pylons in front of the IceHouse are fair cast from the bank, but it's do-able. I have seen them produce lots of nice flounder including an 8 and a 9 lber. Any place in that area between the bridge and restaurant have produced fish. Bring extra tackle, hang-ups are common and try to get there before the incoming tide and then you can fish thru the tide change.

The black nylon rope on the second pylon from the right was left there by my uncle;) . It's one of his favorite spots.

There's always Tom & Joes fishing pier just before the second bridge, leaving S-boro. It's the last building on the right, but I don't think the sign says Tom & Joe's anymore. But any local will still know what you're talking about if you can't find it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Parrothead. I appreciate your help. I may see you there sometime! Let me know if your going to be in the area! I am going to try and get some time in soon. I've been really busy at work fixing some MV-22 Ospreys. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ospreys? Seabiscuit's neighbor on the WO is some kinda Osprey Engineer (civil servant). I think he goes by R.T. If you know him or run into him, he may be able to give a little scoop on the WO. I'm not sure which base he works out of.

I'll give you a heads up if I'm headed toward S-boro or the WO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.