NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I got a great deal on a 10' bass boat, it was only 320 bucks!

The boat has pre-rigged electrical for fore and aft lighting and trolling motors. It also has a livewell with pump and electrical connected. The boat sports 2 swivel chairs for bass fishing, 2 cup holders, 3 rod holders, 2 stowaway rod holders and fore and aft lights included. The best part of the deal was the Minn Kota trolling motor that was included! :D

Attached you will see a couple of pics of the boat sitting in the bed of my truck, it is light enough for 2 people to get it in there for ease of transport. Even so I think I will end up buying a small trailer so I can fish alone when I want.

On that note, let me tell you about my trip to High Point City Lake yesterday. The water was about 52 degrees with a stain so you could only see down about 1 1/2 feet. I had my 4 year old son with me on my maiden voyage and between my son, the water temp, my first time fishing the lake and the quality of fisherman that I am, I got skunked!:(
I only really had about an hour of quality fishing time so can you really call that getting skunked?;)
Either way, the park and lake were beautiful yesterday and I got to spend it with my family.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I will be able to get out again soon and get my first largemouth of the year!

I just started my picture album for the site. There is probably an easier way to navigate to it through this site but here is a link

Pgene21 Gallery - NC Angler Fishing Photos:D

My biggest LB was only about a 3 pounder but I am sure as I get more chances to fish with yall I will catch some bigger fish. (Oh and the pictures are not of the 3 pounder)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey man, that boat is near about perfect for HPCL! I was looking at your pics and saw some of Weldon. Who did you guys fish with? We are getting ready to head down there next month for a few days of fishing. Good job on getting your son out there.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys,

I met a gentleman by the name of Michael Jackson that let my friend and I ride with him in his 17' center console in Weldon. If you have never been and have a boat you could be catching tons of striper we caught at least 35 the day we went. We used a 1 oz weight with a barbless (or bent down) 4/0 circle hook with shad or minnows on it (I think the shad are better), we just floated down river dragging the bait. Make sure you look at the regulations before you go as there are size limits, hook limits, and quantity limits. This is a great site that even tells how many fish are being caught and their size on a weekly basis there is also a Roanoke River Striper fishing guide.
North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission

In regards to HandyHands question, I got the boat from Sam's Club in Greensboro, NC. That boat usually sells for about 1000 but they had trouble selling it an marked it way down in the fall. I think this deal will be pretty hard to come by again!:cool:
http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_03_fishing.htm

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice little boat there, particularly for $320! Reminds me of fishing with my dad in our 10' jon boat when I was a kid, granted what you have there. We got swamped on Jordan once and after that he decided to get a bigger boat :). I still have the jon boat though and use it to this day, it'll float in a mud puddle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.