NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday Night While Watching The Bassmaster Classic, They Had A Segment On Big Swim Baits, They Showed One As You Were Swimming The Bait You Could Twitch The Bait And It Would Turn Around And Look At The Fish ThAT Was Chasing The Swim Bait, Did Antone Catch The Name On That Bait, Thats One That Realty Looked Real And I Would Like To Give It A Try, If You Know The Name And Where You Can Purchased Please Post. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I unfortunately can`t help you with the name. Sorry but I did see that. Pretty cool for sure. I do know it won`t be cheap.:( Not sure if I can afford those or lucky craft baits. I don`t even use many hardbaits except topwaters. I don`t have to cry when I lose a worm. I will look into a name buty there`s so many?? I don`t think they actually said it. I do have it tivo`d. Be easy to find if I knew which day`s show it was. Since There`s already one that will turn around now we`ve got top get one that will give the finger.:rolleyes:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I recorded the whole thing and replayed it twice but they didnt name the bait. Intersting and I am sure VERY pricey..LOL!!

Reactions: tcfisherman

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
$69 isn't too bad. There are some that go for over $300.
I'm not sure I'm even up to having paid $69 for a rod/reel combo yet... Certainly not one or the other...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
As best I recall, the bait in the pool looked like a 3pc, dark trout and it looked huge. Will have to go back and check the recording again to see if I can identify any better.

I found a couple that are reported to do 180 degree turns in the water - spro bbz-1(3pc), castaic platinum(3pc), river2sea kong (3pc). I thought it might be an inherent element of a 3pc design, but also found reports that the blackdog shellcracker (2pc) can do it too. Maybe more an element of the amount of flexibility built into the hinges.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
$69************talk about crying:eek: if you lost that baby on a stump

Is it summer and swimming time, it is now, best to invest in a good lure retriever before you use this.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Being working class poor (like myself) is tackle monkey repellant. IF YOU ARE THROWING $69 TO $300 BAITS, you are one of 2 things. SPONSORED or an IDIOT. The phrase " more money than sense " comes to mind.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It will be a cold day in you know where before I pay 69.00 for a lure. I usually get them wrapped around underwater limbs anyway. I think I would jump in the water and attempt to get it as cheap as I am and I'd probably drown.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Wonder how long a Jello Jiggler will hold together in water??!! LOL!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Kinda "pre gummy worm" Jello made with 1/2 the water, makes a chewy treat kinda like a fruit roll-up.....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Being working class poor (like myself) is tackle monkey repellant. IF YOU ARE THROWING $69 TO $300 BAITS, you are one of 2 things. SPONSORED or an IDIOT. The phrase " more money than sense " comes to mind.
Thats what most people say until someone in their area starts catching hawgs on those baits. Then the attitude turns to Ill just get one. Then you catch any fish on one and realize they work, then you catch a big fish on one and next thing you are addicted. These baits arent about catching fish its about catching "THE FISH". I already am saving to buy some different baits because there arent trout stocked in Lake Sutton.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I have been reading a quite a bit about swimbaits and listening to a lot of folks who fish these huge baits and it's a real interesting technique. I have some friends in California that have surpassed thier personal goal of landing a 12lb bass and have now set thier sights on a 15lb fish. These guys fish swim baits exclusively.

It's amazing that some of these baits can go for as much as $300 but on the other they are producing Monster fish on a regular basis. More manufacturers have picked up on this and are producing some great baits at some decent prices. Spro is producing some of the best big swimbaits for under $40.00 now and Mattlures produce the most realistic soft swimbaits that have ever been produced for under $20.00.

I got to preview some Sebile Magic Swimmers ($19.99) last year and decided to troll them around Bald Head Island. We caught a bunch of Bluefish but I got lazy and didn't use a steel leader and one big bite later the lure was gone. The baits have a very realistic action and I have picked up a couple more for use for Striper fishing and at the coast.

Saltwater guys pay attention. I understand that several companies will be offering Swimbaits in Mullet and Pogey patterns later this year.

Below are some of my favorite Swimbait links:

www.swimbaitnation.com
Bass fishing swimbaits from A.C. Plug Swimbait Company, ABT Lure, BaitSmith, Basstrix, Berkley, Bettencourt Baits, Big Hammer, Black Dog Bait Co., California Swimbabes, Canyon Plastics, Castaic Soft Baits, Daiwa, Deps, Fish Arrow, Fishbelly Lures, Ga
Sebile USA : Innovative Fishing Lures
Reaction Strike Lures and Rods

The links below have some

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.