NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have had my best luck on soft plastics working them like this: After you cast and it hits the water.. dont close your bail yet or on a closed face dont lock it. Let it drift down like stunned prey. Maybe 4 or 5 good seconds before you start your retrieve. Once you start your retrieve, start slow this is usually when bass like to hit right after they see stunned prey start to move. Dont worry if you dont get a stike right then.. just work it back to you for your next cast.. retrieve like this... bump it along in short bumps letting it rise and fall like a jig. stopping and starting.. once in a while you may want to give two quick bumps toward you.. there are many ways to work soft plastics. Whether it be worms, grubs, little fishy, whatever.. not really a wrong way as long as you arent casting out and pulling back to you in a straight line.. do what your imagination will think of to make it look ALIVE. that is the key. Again, this is only my opinion and what i have found to work for me.. Others here will also be able to give you pointers as well. but the thing is you will eventually have your own style once the basics are covered.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I like to cast to the desired target, let if freefall for a foot or so and then kinda walk the dog back underwater. Let the wrist do all the work, slight wrist flip and the lure will dart in a direction, take up slack and flip the wrist and the lure will do a back and forth dance underwater. :)

Using white, hot pink, charteuse colors will help you to see and keep in contact with the bait. This is a good technique in stump, cypress filled lakes, along shoreline and vegetation.:cool:

tight lines and good luck <*)))))>{

·
Registered
99 Posts
One of my go to baits . all answer will work in addition rod tip high with poping motion will cause bait to react like a spooked bait fish. also try small nail weight in head to get down and further back in docks.. Rattles work well for me also..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.