NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Those waves look like what I paddled this a.m. We`ve had so much talk about swimbaits that I have been looking . Got a small 2 1/2 plastic bait called Magic Bass yesterday. Haven`t used it yet but I mention it cause they had some BIG ones to. Have a paint job like a hardbait but are plastic. Very detailed with hard plastic eyes. Designed to use a vertical drop hook. I`m gonna put it on the slingblade flutter hook.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those waves look like what I paddled this a.m. We`ve had so much talk about swimbaits that I have been looking . Got a small 2 1/2 plastic bait called Magic Bass yesterday. Haven`t used it yet but I mention it cause they had some BIG ones to. Have a paint job like a hardbait but are plastic. Very detailed with hard plastic eyes. Designed to use a vertical drop hook. I`m gonna put it on the slingblade flutter hook.
Same weather as you had. I didn't even bother to load the yak when I saw the weather channel had winds of 25-30. I saw one boat getting loaded on the trailer and the wind blew his boat off the side of it and it got stuck half on the trailer and half pushed against the dock with waves crashing over the back filling the boat. Those guys were not happy. I also saw another couple of guys try to dock and the wind turned them and the lower unit on the guys brand new 200hp Merc slammed into the other dock. It was pretty crazy out there.

As for the rest of the report I had 4 bites in the hour I was there today, missed 2, one shook the hook at the dock (around 4-5lb:mad:), and I stuck the last one in the pic. One rule for swimbaits, go big or go home. You're supposed to be hardcore man;). The one I was using today was 6 inches and cost 7 bucks for 2. Cant disclose what it was until I have some more fun with it.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Sounds like fun. My yak almost spun me around on the dock that a.m.. I put my little bait on a shakey head and caught a small bass.I can handle the price of those baits. Keep us posted . Sling that bait at the gator from sutton.:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome Mech Bob! be sure and say Hi in the Meet n Greet section!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.