NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone it's a pain and often overlooked, but with spring in the air... it's time for wakin up them fishin rods/reels. Yup, time for some maintenance!

While puttin the huntin guns into their hibernation, there's a product I use called Break Free in a 4 oz. can that you can get at Walmart in the sportin goods dept. (or should be able to get it. Usually in the gun cleaning and oil area)

Well this stuff works great on cleaning reels both inside and outside. It's a lubricant and a cleaner and does a mighty fine job. In my opinion works alot better than WD... only takes a small amount and removes any corrosion, old greases and makes those reel bearings seem as if new life had been shot into them.

So if you drag out them reels to clean... give some Break Free a shot and you might be suprised at how well it works to keep your gear clean and protected.

;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good Advice, Dave. I have used Break Free for years in cleaning my guns and reels. I keep a small bottle in my tackle box for lube purposes, and I keep a larger bottle in the shed to clean my garden tools with too. It is a great product. One thing to add, the container is black with yellow and white script. Kinda like a hornet or bumble bee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.