NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After suffering from a bad case of cabin fever, I left for the coast today. Things went well till I reached Kinston. I had to use the rest room so as usual my Jeep slides uncontrollably into The Neuse Sports parking lot and stopped right up front in a handicap space. Right at the entrance there is a HUGE display of Shimano products. I've always heard strange voices talking to me in this place, but I swear I see them on TV screens now. I've heard another member rave about the Shimano butterfly rig. There was a whole shelf section dedicated to these rigs with a strange fellow on TV talking to me about them. When I looked the price of those things, I nearly knocked over a barrel full of rods. So much for the rest room,:confused: I needed to find a Laundromat.:(:eek::eek:

GEEZE! That's more than I paid for my first outboard motor.:confused: This fishing sure is getting unreal--Think I might quit fishing and start strangling monkeys for sport. :eek:

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. everytime a new product comes out and you say, or a voice says to you, Scotttttt-go and get one or two, Scottttt go and got some of them. and of course I listen to the voice and buy a couple. :D

Then I turn around and go back home because I don't have the money left to go fishing. But I have a new lure to play with when I get home. time to straighten the tackle box and make a special spot for the new lure.:eek:

I think we all know how you feel, take out a loan on the next born.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I just spent the last 2 months "arranging" my tackle. I am on my 3 rd tackle box and still cant seem to get everything set where I only carry one when I go fishing!! I guess I need to get target specific so I dont have to carry the "store"...! I just like variety when I go.. top/bottom/live/artificial/floating/suspending/sinking/Crank/Skirt/Flash/Big/Little aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
I guess that's one hidden benefit of living in the triangle - Its hard to get too close to to Bass Pro on the West or the good saltwater shops on the East. Not even within an hour of a Gander Mtn. Even little old Smithfield has Castaway.

There must be piles of saved money around here somewhere. Wonder where I left mine?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
When I looked the price of those things, I nearly knocked over a barrel full of rods
Forrest,, ya know... Tackle Monkey prices have been known to melt pace makers... :eek::eek:

Voices ey? Ya know what I think,, I think they had good Karma you were gonna be in town and set out that barrel O' rods on purpose..

Hmmm.. now to figure out who tip'd 'em off... :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forrest,, ya know... Tackle Monkey prices have been known to melt pace makers... :eek::eek:
Not to be deterred -- Been using stainless steel knife handles to make jerk baits for years.

1-ss knife from flea market 10 cents( blade ground off and hole drilled in end)
2 # 3 hooks 30 cents
ribbon, thread, electrical shrink tubing, 12 inches 80# squidding line-20 cents.
My time -worthless.
total est. 60 cents

TADA!! fojo's moth jig.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I was just thinking that you oughtta be able to homebrew those...

My time -worthless.
:D Ya got me with that one -- literally laughed out loud after my double-take.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'm up to 4 tackle boxes now with more on 2 shelving units. I have more plastic worms than Wal-mart and still buy more. Most lures catch fishermen, not fish! But we are doing our part to help the economy. Wonder what I'll spend President Bush's stimulus check on? A new trolling motor or some electronics perhaps, or a new house because my basement is full of tackle.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I'm up to 4 tackle boxes now with more on 2 shelving units. I have more plastic worms than Wal-mart and still buy more. Most lures catch fishermen, not fish! But we are doing our part to help the economy. Wonder what I'll spend President Bush's stimulus check on? A new trolling motor or some electronics perhaps, or a new house because my basement is full of tackle.
Finstalker, you are going to "fit right in" around here! The tackle monkey cometh!!!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Let us know how that works out for ya Forrest. That's probably not a whole lot more then what they paid to make the things.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Let us know how that works out for ya Forrest. That's probably not a whole lot more then what they paid to make the things.
Please don't consider this a flame -- it's absolutely not intended that way. But just as a "food for thought" kinda thing....

It doesn't cost your favorite band $12 to burn a CD -- any high school kid can do it for 50 cents. But how much do you enjoy listening to a group that only invests 50 cents in their instruments and rehearsal?

(I'm a software developer by trade -- I'm glad I don't get paid for burning CDs...)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I guess that's one hidden benefit of living in the triangle - Its hard to get too close to to Bass Pro on the West or the good saltwater shops on the East. Not even within an hour of a Gander Mtn. Even little old Smithfield has Castaway.

There must be piles of saved money around here somewhere. Wonder where I left mine?
Ahhh...but can you call it a benefit when the occasion arises and you DO finally visit those "temples to the tackle monkey" and end up spending 5 times as much! ;)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I ask myself all the time why I'm paying so much for stuff and if I can do it myself for less money. If the answer is yes and I have the time I try to do it myself. I see nothing wrong with this. I have not bought a cd of any kind since graduating from college. I may download a song or two from time to time from itunes or something like that. But only that one song which I have to really like to do that. Radio is a ok to me.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Ahhh...but can you call it a benefit when the occasion arises and you DO finally visit those "temples to the tackle monkey" and end up spending 5 times as much! ;)
Yeah! a whole lot easier to slip $40 worth of stuff in the door a week than $2000 a year!!..LOL!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.