NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been resisting the tackle monkey for months now, just feeding him small amounts here and there. But today I couldn't pass up a sweet deal on a brand new model from Star Rods - this one is their latest "broom stick" for grouper fishing.

It's the bottom one in the picture. It's 5'11" and very stout with extra heavy duty guides. Can't wait to pull up some groupah with it!

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice !!!!!:)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Nice Mike, did you get alum reel seats? slick butt or alum butt?

Star makes nice rods, love the one I got. I had a couple before (bottom rigs) and wish I'd of never got rid of them.

Good luck with yer new diggin sticks! ;)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
The sale's all-or-nothing, he says. That raises the deal-hunting stakes quite a bit...
Give him time. He'll have to split it up to sell it, then BAM!! LOL.....

·
Registered
871 Posts
Way to go Mike! There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for yourself once in a while. Aren't Star Rods the same company that make Sea Striker?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Fishing Rods, Reels, and Accessories
somebody on Craigslist is cleaning house. Might be some great deals!!!!
Sounds like the guy was running a guide service and is getting out of the business. He is taking offers on a 21' Sea Pro bay boat too. Maybe he is just fed up with fishing or in a bind. For what he has listed it is not a bad price.

We could all chip in and cut a deal with the guy and then divide the loot!

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Way to go Mike! There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for yourself once in a while. Aren't Star Rods the same company that make Sea Striker?
Sea Striker owns Star rods and owns several other companies as well.

Just like in the case of where Zebco owns Quantum, same parent but different quality/price points/features.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice Mike, did you get alum reel seats? slick butt or alum butt?

Star makes nice rods, love the one I got. I had a couple before (bottom rigs) and wish I'd of never got rid of them.

Good luck with yer new diggin sticks! ;)
Alum seats, slick butt. Yeah - they make a nice rod - I'd like to upgrade my live bait from the ones I currently have (made by that other Sea Striker rod company) to Star Rods someday.

Wish I could have gone with you tomorrow - that would have been a good time to test it out :) but the gags are moving in closer soon so it won't be long till I can test it out.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hate to recommend these,, but if you get a chance,, take a look at the live bait Chaos rods.... whooo..... I get tingly thinkin 'bout 'em... they're SWEET!:D

But hey look,, aint tryin to put the monkey on her back..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Star has been making nice rods for many years. I bought a real nice trout rod that they made when I was fishing in Ft. Pierce back about '89. I just couldn't walk away from such a nice rod at a reasonable cost. I should have gotten two because a couple of years later I trimmed it back a foot or so with the car door.:mad:

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hate to recommend these,, but if you get a chance,, take a look at the live bait Chaos rods.... whooo..... I get tingly thinkin 'bout 'em... they're SWEET!:D

But hey look,, aint tryin to put the monkey on her back..... :rolleyes:
Actually I was looking at those earlier too. They are def. very nice but I can get a special deal on the Star rods (sponsorship deal) so it saves me a bundle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.