NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several days at coast fishing, I was on my way home up hwy 70 yesterday when my car veered uncontrollably into the Neuse parking lot--again. For the past several weeks I have been on a self imposed fishing tackle rehab.This has to be worse than a drunk walking up on a liquor still in the woods. Not only do now I have to deal with those internal little voices talking to me, this place has installed wide scene tv's which are hanging from the ceiling and in every corner aging me on. I managed to make it through the major tackle and Gulp departments. But after hearing all the raves about Power Pro line, I didn't make it through the line dept. I spent more on a spool of line than I did for my first rod,reel and line. Now, I am faced with the major problem. I don't see how any of my old rods and reels are going to be worthy of spooling up with such high priced line. I wish that I had never started fishing for fish and started a tackle shop where the all the big catches occur.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hang on good buddy, I take it you bought the 15. Let me know. I owe you one and in 36 hrs. I'll be looking at some that would be worthy. If we are talking trout rods or something a little heavier all the way up to tarpon I might just be able to lay my hands on one of the better Allstars. I wish I could get the same deal on kistlers but I haven't been able to do that. If you know of a particular model I should be able to find one given a little time. AL

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Well I guess I spoke too soon. My allstar connection was sold out for the first time in 2 yrs. At this point I am not sure when he will be getting some more. Next week Maybe I'll learn a little more about why. He didn't seem too forthcoming with information today and I didn't want to prod on a sore spot. I'm hoping next week will be buisness as usual. AL

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Tex's Tackle in Wilmington and East Coast Sports in Surf City both have their annual monofilament 1 cent a yard "spin-it-on" sale this week-end. Tex's sale runs from Friday through Sunday, East Coast's sale runs from Thursday - Saturday. In both cases it covers 10-30 pound test off the big spools, spun right on to your reel. Tex's uses Berkley, ECS uses Sufix. So take your reels down there and have them refilled for the season.

·
Registered
574 Posts
hampsteadfishing said:
Tex's Tackle in Wilmington and East Coast Sports in Surf City both have their annual monofilament 1 cent a yard "spin-it-on" sale this week-end.
Does anyone know of anything like this going on in the traingle area?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.