NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night I went out to Hancock Marina and fished off the dock there. I was only there a couple of hours but I ended up catching a 24 inch redfish that gave me 3 good runs. He really had no trouble pulling the line off my quantum escalade reel. I caught him on a dead, frozen finger mullet that was hooked through the back on a Lupton Yearling Drum rig.

When I got the fish in I noticed it was tagged. The tag was blue so instead of tossing it back I brought it home. A friend of mine at the dock said that you get a prize if you catch a tagged redfish and that I should take it in, so I did. Does anyone know about this? What does the blue tag mean and who do I have to notify or call to let them know I caught one? I hope you don't have to show the fish because I already cut the fillets last night, but kept the tag itself. I did take pictures before I cut it up though.

Sorry about the shotty pictures, I had to take them by myself at 1 a.m.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
All the information should be on the tag..

I hope you got some measurements like length....girth....weight maybe....

The info from the tag can tell biologist where the fish was caught and tagged, length and girth and date of tagging..

Then they take your info and can tell how far it moved and how much it grew in that given time frame...:)

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a scale so I don't know the weight, but the lenth was 24 and a quarter inches and the girth was 16-17 inches. The tag says Morehead City, but I'm not sure if that's where it was tagged. There's a number on it, now that I look closely, I'll give that a call.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it was odd, they didn't give me any of that information, then again, it was saturday and I don't know if the girl had access to that info at the time. She might have been there just to answer the phones and give out and receive information. Maybe when they send me the hat they'll tell me more, it'd be nice to know what it's movements were.

·
Registered
791 Posts
cool deal on the tag.. I know of one in Adams Creek that was pulled in earlier this year that was tagged and I think Catbird got one out of Dawsons creek.. both had been tagged originally in MHC.

good find Grm!!!The red tags are where it's at though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.