NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this nice little fella about 100 or so feet out. My buddy Chris poled the boat around a big hunk of wood and got me in the spot. The fish made a turn and I plopped my fly about two feet in front of his face. he immediately turned to look at at it and when I twitched it once he just as kindly as you please swan on over and slurped it in. Couldn't have been any nicer. You can almost hear the fish have a monologue:
"Hey, what's that? Ooh it looks good. I think I will eat it. Nom."
(That's my buddy's little son standing behind me.)

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Can't see the pic, but sounds like a great catch. Nice job!

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good fish, good to see someone not fishing for mtn trout posting to give me hope. I llike r to fly fish salt, but have not caught anything of note, yet. what wt and fly did you use for that beauty. been tying frogs and shrimp, have you had any luck using them.
I use an 8 wt most of the time. Keep a 6 around if I get into some busting ladyfish or small jacks on a nice day. Have a 10 wt for albies and a 12 wt for big bads. Most of my flies are minnows, shrimps and crabs. Not frogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.