NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a fishing kayak within the next week or two, and I've done a good amount of research. I've seen a good amount of reasonably priced used and new single person fishing kayaks, but I'm having difficulty finding a tandem. As I'm sure many of you can relate, my girlfriend doesn't particularly like me going out by myself so I thought a tandem could potentially solve two problems for me. I've had decent luck on finding a used single in the $500-$600 range. I'm open to spending a couple hundred more for a decent tandem that is also maneuverable enough to take out by myself. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced tandem fishing kayak?

Thanks!

Justin

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Nucanoe frontier 12 or jackson big tuba come to mind

Reactions: froggy waters

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I've looked into the Jackson Big Tuna, and it's a great boat but out of my price range. The Nucanoe Frontier 12 I hadn't looked at, but after looking into it I do love the versatility it has. I checked out the links as well, but I think it is a little bit bigger than I would want for going with one person. If I'm not able to find anything in the next couple of days I will probably just go with a single and just find some other people with yaks to go fishing with.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
The ultimate is an excellent tandem platform . that price is very good . a few yaks come to mind but . around the river here we call canoes divorce court . and tandem kayaks would be the same " go here " paddle there paddle faster why did you let me hit that rock .. Its amazing how much happier people are in there own kayak as compared to sharing one

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha. Yeah. The tandem idea was a good thought in theory, but I've pretty much decided against it at this point after doing more research. I'm going to have to go with two singles. I'll probably just check Craigslist daily until a decent deal pops up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts