NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water a bit late..6:45am ran upriver toward Grimesland to find the deepest water I could and fish the drop offs with cut bream on bottom and around the bridge with wigglers @ 7-10ft in 25ft water. Tossed a shad rap several places along the way. Caught 3 nice sized bream around the bridge pilings and noticed all of them were hot to the touch and didn't put up much of a fight. Water is just too hot in this river right now to do anything. No bait moving anywhere. Just Gars rolling around all over. Drift fished for a few hours to no avail. I think I'm gonna have to find better waters until fall. I heard there was a fish kill in Blounts Creek due to poor O2 levels. I'm not surprised as hot as it has been. Packed it in @ 2:30pm.
:confused:Looks like each town on the water could install an aerator like fish farms use to help the river keep up the O2. I guess it would cost $$ and heaven forbid they do something productive with city funds!!!:mad:

Reactions: LiveBait

·
Registered
871 Posts
I heard about the fish kill near Cotton Patch. That is on of the landings that I use to launch my boat from.

I understand Cotton Patch is for sale. The last I heard was that they were selling the landing, cabins and 8.5 acres for $800,000. Do you know anything about it Sundrop? I thought that $800,000 is pretty cheap considering the development potential.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's news to me but I will talk to my father in law. He knows everyone and everything that happens around here..LOL!! Sounds like a good deal for an investor if it is true. Depends on what is going on around the area though.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome ECUGMAN Tell us all your fishing secrets!!!...LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know about "secrets", but I've found over the years that the key to catching fish is........

Going Fishing. I rarely catch fish when I don't go!:D

Seriously, I have an 11 month old at home right now so my fishing time is REALLY limited. I've resorted to cyber fishing by reading every fishing web site I can find.

I purchased a kayak last year and do most of my fishing from the 'yak now. If you see a sand colored Hobie kayak around on the river give me a shout.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
177 Posts
ECUGMAN, COTTON PATCH IS UP BLOUNTS CREEK MABE 3 TO 4 MILES ON THE RIGHT, YOU WILL SEE A MAKE SHIFT BOAT RAMP, AND A FEW BLOCK BUILDINGS NOT MUCH TO IT. CHRIS
Gotcha...I think my dad always referred to that as the "fish camp". I know where you are talking about.

Went this past Saturday in Choco bay and was shut out. I was fishing during the worst part of the day, 2-4pm, but I usually catch something.:confused:

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This heat is just too much. The water feels like pee..LOL! I think I'm gonna have to give it up until Sept around here... I'm not crazy about being out in the heat either and with all the humidity it is even hot at night.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Gotcha...I think my dad always referred to that as the "fish camp". I know where you are talking about.
Welcome aboard and yes most local folks refer to Cotton Patch as an old fish camp. That is pretty much what it has been used for. A close friend of mine's brother-in-law was running it for a while. I haven't been down there this year but I have caught a lot of fish up in Blounts Creek in the past.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.