NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roomate and I stopped by RPN after class on Thursday Oct, 29, we caught a good amount of cats just hoping for a big one because the guy who works there said a couple ppl brought in a 12 and 13-lb cat out of there. no luck with the big 'uns so we stopped by Tar River on the Way back to campus and They were hitting hard. Back to Back nice cats. we didnt get an official weight but it was the moon phase to say the least! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
congrats those are some good eating nuggets there,ive always wondered what the tar river holds now i have some clue ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did you guys go to the town commons by chance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ncpierman, yep they were pretty good. threw a couple of them on the grill saturday afternoon.

Marius-yep thats where we were. we caught them at town commons

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Delicious catch!

·
Registered
207 Posts
i normally go a little further than the town commons. i go to the green street bridge or go back up river. Good catch.. Thats about all youre going to get for channels out there but with the right bait, you can get on some flatties but probably not at the town commons.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice Channel Cats dms! I also noticed that CatSlayer715 said something about flatties (Flathead Catfish) being in the Tar River? I always thought of the Tar and Pamlico Rivers as being mainly Channel and White Catfish waters.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice lookin Cats! I fish from there once in a while. Also work in that area so I get by there often to check out the river.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts