NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TAKTF clinic was today, and as usual, went well despite turnout being a bit down. The kids had a great time, caught lots of fish, including several decent channel cats. Zach Orr brought his snake exhibit, which was a big hit, and includes rattlers, cottonmouths, copperheads, corn snakes and king snakes.
Thanks to our NCangler guys, Ray, Sam, Guffy, Jonnie, Pgene, Matt, Darrell, Len, Andrew, Zach, Joint Hairstyle Leaf Plant Tree
Smile Plant Tree Cap Baseball cap
Table Shorts Sharing T-shirt Leisure
Clothing Water Shorts Plant Sky
Shorts Shoe Leg Table T-shirt
Table Shorts Plant Green Chair
Bottle Tree Table Plant Grass
Table Plant Shorts Shirt Tableware
Plant Tree Sky Gesture T-shirt
Head Organ Natural environment Human Organism
Shirt Plant Leaf Tree Sleeve
Hand Table Plant Sharing Tree
Clothing Face Smile Footwear Shoe
White Boat Watercraft Paddle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Smile Plant Vertebrate Green Natural environment
Footwear Shoe Shorts Leg Smile
Smile Shorts Hat T-shirt Leisure
Footwear Shorts Shoe Leg Chair
and all the other folks that helped out today!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you came out today, Matt. All the help was greatly appreciated. Although we wound up with less than 60 kids, it was fun. Next year I can promise you the event will be promoted better.
We graded out well again. The parents fill out forms to tell us how we did, and how we can improve. Most of the grades were ten out of ten, we had a nine, and a couple of eights, and amazingly, one three?:confused: Don't know much we could have done better, but there's always gonna be one, you can't please everybody. It did get a bit disorganized at one point, but we rallied and got it back on track. Everyone seemed to have fun, and that's what it's all about in the end.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The parents fill out forms to tell us how we did, and how we can improve. Most of the grades were ten out of ten, we had a nine, and a couple of eights, and amazingly, one three?:confused: Don't know much we could have done better, but there's always gonna be one, you can't please everybody.
Yeah, I heard one lady complaining that we didn't have "red crawlers, the little ones, why didn't they get the red crawlers? Mmm, mm, mm" She seemed really annoyed by this. I wanted to throw her in the water. This was a "FREE" event right? What's to complain about? We fed them donuts in the morning and pizza, chips and fruit for lunch with water, soda, and capri sun's all day long, not to mention the free use of tackle and lots of bait, albeit not "the small red worms". And all the prizes! All I can say is I had a good time, and I'm pretty sure everybody but that one lady did too. My bet is she'll be the first one to sign up next year.

Was good to meet some of the other forum members I hadn't met before too. Thanks again Jerry for putting this wonderful event on for everybody.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yeah, I heard one lady complaining that we didn't have "red crawlers, the little ones, why didn't they get the red crawlers? Mmm, mm, mm" She seemed really annoyed by this. I wanted to throw her in the water. This was a "FREE" event right? What's to complain about? We fed them donuts in the morning and pizza, chips and fruit for lunch with water, soda, and capri sun's all day long, not to mention the free use of tackle and lots of bait, albeit not "the small red worms". And all the prizes! All I can say is I had a good time, and I'm pretty sure everybody but that one lady did too. My bet is she'll be the first one to sign up next year.

Was good to meet some of the other forum members I hadn't met before too. Thanks again Jerry for putting this wonderful event on for everybody.
I'm of the firm opinion that you could take 100 random people give them a gold bar and at least two would complain. Somebody is always going to get their drawers in a knot. The fact that the overwhelming majority had a great experience is the most important thing.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm of the firm opinion that you could take 100 random people give them a gold bar and at least two would complain. Somebody is always going to get their drawers in a knot. The fact that the overwhelming majority had a great experience is the most important thing.
Let me know when you're giving out those gold bars! I won't complain I promise.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Matt, like I said, there's always one that can't be pleased. Not to mention the fact that Mary and I use up a couple of paid holidays, Guffy gets the pizza, and we work like dogs to set it up. Why? Because the of the look on the kid's faces. Like the one boy that caught his first fish ever on a rod he won before we went fishing. His exuberant actions were worth all we go through to put the event on. And will say this, every single time we get a complaint, it's usually silly stuff, like the lady today. Last year a lady complained that it took too long to serve lunch. :rolleyes:. Like you said, it's free, they learn something, and win good stuff.
Again, thanks to all my friends here on site, once again, you all were just super, we cannot do this without you!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Was a great event, helping the kids fish I got to talk to some of the parents and the children as well, and several of them caught their first fish of their lives today. One was dejected that he hadn't caught anything; I sat down and tried to help him know that this happens to all of us who fish, and how to have patience despite discouraging results. Got him to cast again, let the bait soak without a float this time, and after about 10 minutes I turned around he was squealing about catching a fish of his own. His Mom said it changed his whole demeanor about the whole day. I was so thankful he got one, and it was great to see a 6 year old get a taste of the value of determination!

Jerry, you and Guffey and Mary and everyone that worked so hard on this should be proud. You make a lot of kids happy every year with this event. Well done.

Some pics I grabbed:
Smile Motor vehicle Vehicle Happy Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Shoe Shorts T-shirt Luggage and bags Leisure
Shorts Arm Table Smile T-shirt
Shorts Smile Window Hat T-shirt
Footwear Shoe Shirt Shorts Window

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was a great event, helping the kids fish I got to talk to some of the parents and the children as well, and several of them caught their first fish of their lives today. One was dejected that he hadn't caught anything; I sat down and tried to help him know that this happens to all of us who fish, and how to have patience despite discouraging results. Got him to cast again, let the bait soak without a float this time, and after about 10 minutes I turned around he was squealing about catching a fish of his own. His Mom said it changed his whole demeanor about the whole day. I was so thankful he got one, and it was great to see a 6 year old get a taste of the value of determination!

Jerry, you and Guffey and Mary and everyone that worked so hard on this should be proud. You make a lot of kids happy every year with this event. Well done.

Some pics I grabbed:
View attachment 72762 View attachment 72763 View attachment 72764 View attachment 72765 View attachment 72766

Thanks, Sam, but y'all make it happen. Couldn't do it without ya!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It was fun, as usual. Sorry we didn't wait around for the awards, my son was dying to get back to his mother's house so that he could play video games.

Funny....I learned how to fish as an adult because he wanted to go fishing, and when I found I liked it, he abandoned it for video games.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.