NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - the folks at Boaters World in Atlantic Beach, NC are great! I had some problems with electronics and they went out of their way to help me out. The manufacturer gave me the runaround for almost a year but those guys took care of the problem. Thanks again Boaters World - I'm a customer for life.

DRxug Money

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a chartplotter that froze up and was constantly losing the water temp. We changed out the fuses, replaced the transducer, tested it on another boat and just couldn't get it to work right. Then one day it completely froze on us and we came back from the Gulf Stream using a compass and a chart. That day was really educational and taught me to never depend completely on electronics.

Long story short the manufacturer sent a replacement and the screen was bad. I would prefer to focus on the good customer service fr/ Boaters World rather than the poor service from the manufacturer. I'm sure there are several anglers out there that are happy with this company.

Lets just say I'm looking forward to my new C-80 from Raymarine.

Tight lines everybody,

Rx Money

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
It's also good to occasionally turn off the juice and practice doing it without batteries, so you still remember how, when the time comes... I need to get more into that habit...

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
When you get great help or service from a business you don't mind telling they did a great service.;)

Its good that they are some nice ones out there and not just bugbears.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
194 Posts
It never hurts to write the company and state the name(s) of the people that helped you. I had a problem with a stereo that I had bought for my boat last year come to find out the stereo was bad. I wrote them a letter about the great service I had recieved and they send me a new one plus a coupon for 50% off my next purchase. Firestone had replaced the tires on my wifes car a few years back. They had put two different sizes on her car. They replaced them and I got a coupon for two new tires.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wrote an Email to the makers of Seafoam telling them how much I like their product and how it is nice to still be able to buy something that does what it says with no hype. I got a very nice reply from a rep in the company and he told me their history and asked where I lived. I only gave name and town and just today MUCH to my surprise! I just received 5 !!! free coupons for Seafoam or Deep Creep !!!! That stuff is $7 a can!!!!!! Never hurts to take a moment to thank someone!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
It gets even better!!! My tax refund came today too and my wife is out of town at a seminar!!!! Come on Tackle Monkey lets go shopping!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.