NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Skunk list! I havent even been fishing yet in 08, too busy having to be a nurse to the wife! (bet that would be tasty with lemon cake for dessert.!.)

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Skunk list! I havent even been fishing yet in 08, too busy having to be a nurse to the wife! (bet that would be tasty with lemon cake for dessert.!.)
That was the first time out for both Dave and I in '08. Technically no skunk but hey to guys like Dave and I, not fishing is WORSE than being skunked :D. So glad we got out there!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Dave - I looked it up and our "creature" is a Conger Eel. They actually eat them over in Europe - PASS. Them things can get as long as 9 feet.:eek: Man that thing destroyed my bucktail!

See!! what'd I tell ya... ha hah ahaha... Knowin my luck though.. I'd of got the 200,000 volt version of the Conger Eel if I'd of touched it.. :rolleyes:

hey now ya know! (Me too). I bet a japanese cook would be all over that thing! What's funny is,, the folks wont be able to judge just how big that thing was by the pix... the pix dont really do it justice.. That thing was scary large! over 3 ft at least and about as big around as a normal man's calf!! (what ever that might be..)..

Hmm.. good to eat.... You go first! :eek::D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Europeans and Japanese will eat anything!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
What's funny is,, the folks wont be able to judge just how big that thing was by the pix... the pix dont really do it justice.. That thing was scary large! over 3 ft at least and about as big around as a normal man's calf!! (what ever that might be..)..
At the time I estimated it at 10 pounds but it may have been more based on how many reds I have caught with that same rod and never had it bent over as far as it was with the eel.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
OK Dave, my turn in the kitchen with our catch of Black Sea Bass.

Today's menu included:

Fresh Sea Bass, pan seared in a lemon brown butter sauce with almonds.
Steamed Broccoli with red onion and mushrooms
Cucumber & Tomato salad with Lemon grass vinaigrette

·
Registered
504 Posts
Man that meal looks good.........WOW good eats for shure.......Hea can you use that eel for bait, I wander if anything will strike at that.......Ed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.