NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been sitting in my office snickering everytime you guys complain about the tackle monkey and his impact on your live's knowing that I'm not succeptable. Talk about being wrong!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . I went down to Atlanta Tuesday for a business convention and since we don't have that fine store Bass Pro Shops up here in the mountains I figured I would take a quick swing through the one in Lawrenceville and maybe pick up a thing or two. or three. or four:eek: :eek: . Well 3 hours later and $750.00 (yes you read that right) $750.00 poorer I was finally released. So far all the wonderful understanding wife knows about is the bait caster and cheap rod. I can't wait to tell her about the new gps/fishfinder. or the anchor. or the lifejacket bag. From here on out everytime I hear a tale of the monkey I will cross myself and pray to be delivered from his evil spirit.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
:eek: Oooohhh... started out with the Baitcaster then it was on a roll from there baby!! :D

hey, but ya know what... can you "really" put a price on safety?? ;)
Good to have that GPS, gotta keep them life jackets organized and at the ready.. anchor is pretty much a piece of mandatory boatin equipment...

Best of luck when she does find out... ;)

$750 in 3 hours..... not too bad.... trust me,, I've seen alot worse!!! ha ha ha hah a....

Whooo... Monkey's off Trouter for now... wonder who's back he'll jump on next!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think he jumped on my wifes back this morning except she bought a $589. Dyson vacum cleaner in 15 minutes. She calls it her Mothers Day gift. I called it "NO NEW DEPTH FINDER!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the Neuse Sport Shop on the way back from the beach a few summers ago, to buy some hooks and ended up with a rifle! my kids said "don't do it, mom will be real mad!" but I did not listen. I have harvested about 15 deer with it so it kinda paid for itself!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I went to the Neuse Sport Shop on the way back from the beach a few summers ago, to buy some hooks and ended up with a rifle! my kids said "don't do it, mom will be real mad!" but I did not listen. I have harvested about 15 deer with it so it kinda paid for itself!
Bernardo - welcome to NC Angler! Be sure to post a quick message in the meet and greet section so everyone can welcome you proper like (don't want to hijack this thread).

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Trouter---Man, I just love these Tackle Monkey confessions.:D Word of advice from the old man---Be in the middle of a lake using that stuff the exact time the credit card bill arrives:eek: -- and leave the cell phone at home.;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I Don't Feel So Bad Now.last Fall When I Bought Another Boat Which
Is The 17' Seaswirl I Took My Wife With My She Said Why Do You Need
Another Boat,and I Said The Trophy Is To Big For The Lake.well
I Took Her To Bass Pro And Got A Vhf Radio And Antenna,gps,all Kinds
Of Tackle,safety Devices.and Several More Expensive Items With A
Total Around $900 Dollars And She Asked Why Do You Need That And
I Said Because "we Need This To Fish On The Lake." It Worked.frank
White Always Said "take A Kid Fishing" Well I Say "take Your Wife Fishing"
It Has Worked For Me.

Charlie

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank goodness I pay the bills but I guarantee she's going to see the stuff on the boat and go "where did that come from" . I don't think she'll believe the old "aww I bought it at the flea market line"::)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
W/D... I forgive you. For you know not what you have done.....

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Actually, I think the tackle monkey is sneakin' into my wife's bed.... We went out to dinner this afternoon after I replaced the impeller in my outboard and SHE wanted to stop and look at a nice 18' center console that was sitting in a yard for sale then she commented we should go ahead and buy new so we get all the warranties and wanted to go to Park Boat and look around.... I still can't quite beleive it. And all of this was after she surprised me before dinner with a trip to the new Harbor Freight that just opened in Greenville/Winterville !!! I don't know whether to be very excited or dang "skeerd" !!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Bernardo, welcome to the board and you did a good job of trying to rationalize your gun purchase. 15 deer is impressive, but that ol monkey bit you hard and like the rest of us, reaching for our wallets is the reaction induced by the infection. We all try to figure out a good reason for a brief moment of insanity. I just got a custom made one piece rod and a AG 6600 baitcaster to match. I couldn't resist the color and name and had to add it to my shed collection. That hairy tailed marsupial got me once again.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.