NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the Interacrtive CD from Gander Mountain sometime and found myself referring back to it over and over. This one of the best step by step resource that I have found. There are supposed to be recipes for 200 patterns but, I have only tied about a half dozen so far. Also, it contains alot of basic information for the beginner. $21.95 is a small investment for a great resource that you will us eover and over. However, I wish that they had included the step by step instructions for each pattern.

The Art of Fly Tying - Interactive CD-ROM - Computer Fishing Software Instructional Educational Macintosh Windows Multi-Media Patterns Fishing Online Dry Flies Wet Flies Techniques Gift Present

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello Backlash,
I appreciate the tip and would love to have an interactive CD. However, I don't always have a computer to play it in when I am camping on a fishing trip. I have a book, $25, by a guy named Peter Gathercole, and it is titled, "Fly Tying for Beginners." Now, I am not a beginner, and you may not be either, but it has the step-by-step instructions on over 50 flies, all tool usage, required materials and usage, and the core techniques. I have found it very useful and and very well illustrated. It is about 6"X7" in size, hardback, and a spiral inside. It was printed by Barron's and you might find it something of great use. I did.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi guys. I have started adding some fishing books to the eStore (I just haven't gotten them online yet). I have ordered several copies of this book and will post it in the store as soon as it arrives. I will also start adding books that are recommended in our reviews section so post any reviews of books you would recommend to other anglers. ;)
I have a book, $25, by a guy named Peter Gathercole, and it is titled, "Fly Tying for Beginners." It is about 6"X7" in size, hardback, and a spiral inside. It was printed by Barron's and you might find it something of great use. I did.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I can only imagine how great an instructional cd or dvd would have been for me when I was into reloading ammo, or repairing/refinishing furniture or gun collecting or clock collecting, or just using a computer and understanding DOS commands. I had to buy many books and check out many from the library for what I needed to know that could have easiely been put on an instructional cd/dvd.

I think maybe I was just born a little soon, like 15 or 20 years.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.