NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt and I met Guffy and Harry at HPCL today. We took Guff's jon boat, and Guffy and Harry took his kayaks.
Were greated by a stained lake, and high winds, making for a tough day. Matt and I did manage four bass, no real big ones, but three were keepers, all done in by the speedcraw. Although we chunked other baits at them, the speedcraw was all they seemed to want.
Bout 11 a thundershower came up, and we took refuge under the East Fork bridge. Got the boat and yaks tied up, and as we were settling in for a wait, along comes a water snake, heading straight for Guffy's yak!
Matt told him not to fret, it was not venomous, but Guffy was not having any of it, and grabbed his paddle to do battle with the four foot reptile should it choose to come closer, lol! Mr Snake chose to bypass us, and continued on his way, much to our relief.
After the brief rain, we went back at it, but the gusty winds were making fishing next to impossible. Water Sky Boat Tree Lake
Water Sky Muscle Leg Human

Here's a couple of the fish. Thanks to Guffy for letting us use his jon boat, swivel seats are a luxury for me..lol

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice job, Jerry. The wind on Monday was my only consolation that I had to work. Glad you guys managed to get on at least a few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.