NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of making my own version of the blaid bait . I have made a few and they work really well.The blaid im making is real simular to the silver buddy.The differance in mine are that when you cast into the wind the blaid will not do the hellocoppter thing.Plus they are less bendable.And I put bigger hooks on the ones im making.These baits work really well for schooling fish bass and strippers.The other thing mine will do is you can run it deeper and slower compaired to the original ones.The one im working on now is a 4 inch which is a bit bigger than the ones you will find in the stores.If you are ever around schools of strippers and cannot get them to hit nothing then I would say try one of these bad boys tight line guys.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Pics Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I saw a guy fishing a blade bait at stagecoach road last year for white bass and they were killing them with that thing. Obviously a good lure for the whites. It was similar to a silver buddy but had different paint color added. I tried to get a silver buddy and couldnt find one in Raleigh area. Was told they went out of business. How are you making these blades? Pictures?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
There are a few on Ebay right now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to have some pic of them as soon as i get them done i work in welding shop and im waitting for the guy who runs the laser cutter to cut me another batch out.when they are done ill post pics and depending on the amount the laser cutter cuts out for me ill send out some samples.i hope to in the future to be selling these baits.so im going to turn some of you guys on these blade bait to see what you think.Right im only getting to make a few at a time .I dont wont my buddy at work to get in trouble.but if everyone i send them to likes them ill go ahed and talk to the manager at my work to get a order in the cut list. give me about a week and ill post some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.