NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been checking out fort fisher on google maps and see large rocks on the ocean side. Can you fish at that spot or is it off limits? It looks like it could be a good spot.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If you wade around the front side of the boulders on the ocean side keep your wits about you. I've got a scar on my elbow from an unexpected wave knocking me in to one of said boulders while fighting a drum and not paying attention

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
If you wade around the front side of the boulders on the ocean side keep your wits about you. I've got a scar on my elbow from an unexpected wave knocking me in to one of said boulders while fighting a drum and not paying attention
You cannot leave us hanging like that. Did you land the fish before seeking first aid? :D

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You cannot leave us hanging like that. Did you land the fish before seeking first aid? :D
Elaborating on rookie mistakes is never a good idea.
Wall of boulders behind you, a sea of waves in front of you........A more than dangerous place to play.
As much as I fish there I've seen the Bamalance haul a few off that got their world rocked by the sea and boulders.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Shhhh you keep those rocks quiet. Now delete this thread! Hah

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Fishing in that general vicinity straight out from the rocks and south about 300 yards you'll be actually fishing 6 of the fort batteries and the Pulpit which are now under the waves. You are fishing history.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
undertow caught me off balance and when I slipped back the fish broke off, all the blood in the water made me go about my merry way back to the beach though.... lol. slapped some alcohol on it and hit a new spot ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts