NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it up to Jordan today to look for crappies.. took my boy and Martin's boy Derrick.
I pretty much stayed out of the boys way and turn'd them loose with boat and fishin gear.

It was fun watching them.. they definately lost alot of fish.. but they managed to boat 3. They had 5-6 lines out at one time and one would twitch, then the other one... then the other one... he hehehe.. couldnt make up their mind which "one" to stick with... ;)

They earned their catch though... they did everything from finding the fish, piloting the vessel, setting and retrieving the anchor, bait, and takin care of their catch! (too tired to do the "clean up though....") :)

here's a few pix from today:

·
Registered
10 Posts
dave,
thanks for inviting derrik to go.he had a great time.wish i could have gone too.but already committed to go to pick up the jon boat for the boys.derrik usually goes where ever i go,and i knew when i asked him what he wanted to do the answer i would get.that boy just loves to fish.he asked me to go this morning in the rain.also you guys are welcome to use the boat to fish the pond when ever you want to.i need to find a trolling motor for it now.till then i guess its the paddles.
thanks again,
marty

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the post Dave, and for the pic's with your life vest on!
Those boys did a great job, and learning like that means even more.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dave,
thanks for inviting derrik to go.he had a great time
Enjoyed takin him Marty... Wow, what a difference when ya have "experienced" fisherman on the boat!:rolleyes: :eek: ha ha ha ha ha....
I promised him a trip, so glad I could take him.. if it werent for the weather turning bad last night.. they probably would've wanted to fish all night.

Hey, we got Derricks bike in the garage.. and dang, how 'bout them winds today!!!?? When you come over to pick up his bike, I've got a thumb drive loaded with pix for him. Later!

Here's a couple other pix for Derrick to put in his photo book:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Very nice Dave. I know I would have loved doing that when I was there age.

Reactions: Dave B.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.