NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first gig trip with Allen wed night. After a delay due to lighting we are off to first spot and we are on some good tracks where some doormats had being laying but haven't moved back in yet. After a hour or so we finally decide to take one of the borderline fish we have been seeing. I remarked well we got the skunk out of the boat, Hah, don't know what I was thinking, I am with the breadman. After a short move we start picking up a few fish. Probably close to the 4 hour mark we have 11 and he comments we only need one more. Well we hit a dry run again, but he is a man on a mission to get number 12. It takes a little less than an hour to get the last one but I believe he would have stayed out the rest of the night to get it, if it came down to it. Never came across a doormat but had 4 over 15, 4 over 16, 3 over 17 and 1 over 22.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry you didnt get that doormat but it sounds like a good night. Have always preferred to fish for flounder over anything else with the exception of specks in the surf during the fall. Hope to get into gigging, seems like the best way to target bigger fish. Nice report....good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.