NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As is the usual lately, jbarefoot22 and myself met up at a local Neuse River launch after work and set up in our spot just before dark in search of some hungry cats. Just at the edge of dark, I was greeted with the beautiful sound of screaming drag and my rod bouncing back in forth in the scotty. After a surprisingly good fight, I brought in a nice 25.5" channel cat

Food Fish Fisherman Seafood Fin

Boat Watercraft Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Flash photography

I barely got a qualifying picture for an online tournament I'm in before he had enough and decided he would be heading back to the water.

Fast forward about an hour and we begin to see far-off lightning and hear distant thunder, signaling that our time is limited for the evening. Jason's rod proceeds to bow up, and he brings in a couple small channels, including this guy.

Glove Safety glove Gesture Sleeve Wrist

We pulled anchors and hustled back to the launch, where high winds and violent pollen storms awaited. Glad we got some rain, because there are certain river run species I like to catch that could really use a little flow to coax them up my way in good number!

·
Red X Angler
3,565 Posts
Nice work. Those storms went thru here and brought down some trees. I forgot you were doing the online tournament good luck I will be following your post to see how you do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts