NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a lighthearted newspaper story titled "The Fishing Movie Oscars". This would be about our favorite fishing movies. I'm interested in hearing ideas from this group. What are your nominations for the best (and worst) fishing movies of all time?
- Gil Arnold The News and Observer Raleigh, NC ([email protected])

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Drama : A river runs through it.

Comedy : Gone Fishin'.

Actually don't know of any others really unless you wanna call JAWS a fishing movie!!!

I see there is a script in the works call ...Bass Fishing "The Movie"

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Comedy : Gone Fishin'.
Ten!

Ten Plus!

BORDERLINE 'LEVEN!

Thanks, drop, for dredging up those long-suppressed memories. I'll need to call my therapist again tomorrow.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
The Old Man and the Sea (1958) Spencer Tracy; Best
I've got a trivia book at home that attests that while they were filming the segments of this movie that were shot in Hawaii, a local fisherman actually did wind up in an all-night tug-of-war with, if I recall correctly, a 100+ pound marlin. According to this account, Tracy himself came up and congratulated this guy, and told the crowd something along the lines of "This right here is the REAL old man and the sea!"

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'll be skipping that audition...LOL!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Never heard of that one PF.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.