NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute about once a week from Fayetteville to UNCP for my graduate classes. On 211 south between Raeford and Red Springs, directly across from Temple Baptist Church is an amazing looking lake that appears to be absolutely perfect for some good sized large mouth. However, there is a house right there just off the road close to lake. I have no idea if this lake is private or public, but I am dying to get a line in the water. Is there anybody that knows which lake I'm talking about? And do you have any idea if I'll get shot trying to fish there? I'm in serious need of a good fishing hole.

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Not sure if you'll get shot but welcome to NCangler! Maybe you'll get some more input to help with your inquiry! Permission would help out though.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! Yeah, I've considered just pulling off the road and asking, but I hesitate to bother those folks. Guess all they can tell me is "no." Would be worth it to try that place out. Really hope somebody else knows the lake I'm talking about, though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you're talking about hodgins pond with the dock it's pay to fish. $5 or $10 to the owner at the house, closed on Sunday if I'm remembering right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, on Mapquest they have it labeled "Raft Swamp" right there between Antioch and Old Wire Rd. on 211. I reckon I'll just have to stop in and ask next time I'm down that way. Hope they take kindly to visitors!! Wish me luck!! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I don't fish anywhere unless I know its public or I have permission. Cool, I'll take some cash and see what I can pull out of there!! Thanks for the replies everybody!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts