NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marty and I got lookin in them tackle monkey magazines.. didnt really feel the price of some teasers was warranted.. so decided to give our own shot at making some.
Here's a series of pix from our bonita teaser:

Parts list:
one boat fender (I chose 16 inch)
400 lb mono for the teaser bridle (more pix to come on how to rig it)
8-10 oz egg sinker
Crimps
Clear tubing
Card board to make stencils for dot's and lines
Krylon paint
Sand paper
Some eyes (found at Walmart in the arts/crafts section)
two part epoxy

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanx Mike, we have the bowling pin types, didnt have a fender teaser.. got looking at them and the prices seemed rediculous for basically what they are (some mono, a sinker and a fender with paint on it).

So got one of them inflatable fenders from Gander Mount. (whoppin $5) there in Greensboro, big package of eyes at the Wally world along with paint and simply tried a design.

Hardest part of the whole deal was sanding the fender to help the paint adhere better.

It's been hanging up all night, so I'll check it later today to see how it's holding up.

We made a bridle and this will ride on our rear cleat flat line.. should be some crazy action for sure to give us that 3-d fishing pattern on the troll... More importantly.. it was just a fun thing to do on the weekend.

here's a quick reference for building your own teaser:
Salt Water Sportsman Magazine - The Fishing Authority Since 1939 - Fend For Yourself - Step 1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.