NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard of the nanner jinx? i have..

two years ago i had a guy place a nanner in my boat -with out my knowing- and i caught a major case skunk until i found said nanner and removed it,by perscribed method.

last week i told a guy no nanners what so ever in my boat. as we had not caught a thing for a couple hours today. i was fishing hard to catch a fish. turn and this guy is eating a nanner:eek: :mad: .. he then hands me a sound whippin as i again skunk out first time in 2 YEARS on this lake. to make matters worst he catches this fish a 5.8 pounder..

zooker

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Zooker--- Next time I go trout fishing with my neighbor, I' taking a whole bunch of nanners-- maybe next year plant a nanner tree.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Oh yeah - I know about the nanner jinx - just ask Lefty or anyone else I have invited to fish with me on my boat. I tell them up front - NO NANNERS ALLOWED. Not even those dried kind they put in the trail mix. None, ever. Period!

I'm surprised he caught that fish, usually everyone on the boat is affected by the jinx.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Welp, wonder if he caught the fish cause of the nanner smell/scent on his hands....

I wouldnt of said a word and just reached over and slapped it out of his hands... then looked him in the eye and say "NO BANANA ON THE BOAT RULE" (one of them learn by doing things...) :)

Mmmm... my sister nanner'd me once.. Catchin fish, bite was hot, everything equipment wise workin great... then out came the naner.... bird nest this/that, fish quit bittin, hooked every rock in the bottom of the ocean.... Nanna will get ya every time!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
See, you have to coat the nanner in peanut butter and it flips the curse into a good luck charm... And you'll catch twice as many if ya smaer it on Bunny bread..LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I guess my defense has come a bit late, but here it is; I have been afflicted by a serious case of CRS. Zooker did admit that I am married with 3 kids, CRS is understandable under those circumstances. I also suggested Zook bring a nanner with him next fishing trip, the glare I got for that comment was worse than the glare for eating the offensive fruit. I thanked Zook profusely for taking me out, but I think he is still mad at me, he hasn't invited me back out. I guess I should reimburse him for the peanut butter and bleach.:eek:

Mike

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I thought the nanners were for throwin at the tackle Munkeys....LOL

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Oh! Lordy--- I've been eating chopped nanners and mini wheats every morning for breakfast before going trout fishing-- Reckon this has some bearing on my miserable fishing slump?

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Nanner Jinx Fly---I couldn't help myself, I had to create this fly pattern for my neighbor's Christmas present. He's the one that caught all the fish this past year on that smelly bait and caused me much pain, suffering and humiliation while fishing with him.:eek: :D

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Thats a fine lookin' fly! It's really gonna get your goat when he loads up on fish with that thing!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.