NC Angler Forums banner

What do you think of the NCangler.com Online Fishing Logs?

• Great!

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Pretty cool

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Okay

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Yawn....

Votes: 3 4.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introducing version 1.0 of the NCangler.com Online Fishing Logs! If you are a registered member of NCangler.com you have free access to the online fish log system to record/edit/view your own fishing logs. If you are a Captain's Club Member you also have the ability to search all the "Public" fishing report records. As members begin to post their fishing report records this will become a powerful resource to find out what fish are biting where and when under what weather conditions, etc.

NOTE: You must be a registered member of the site with a valid email address in your User CP to access the fishing logs system. You won't even see the log system if you are not registered and logged in. Also searching is limited right now because there aren't any logs in the system yet to search. Search functionality will continue to be developed.

You will find the NCangler.com Online Fishing Logs in the "User CP under the "Fishing Logs" category in the left column. Check out the logs and starting adding yours! You can add logs from previous fishing trips if you remember the pertinent information. If you would like to be able to search the fishing logs database then become a Captain's Club Member today by clicking here and following the instructions. If you need assistance email me at [email protected]. :)

And let me know what you think of the FREE fish log system in the attached poll! Feel free to add comments in this thread on what you like, dislike or would like to see added as we develop this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well done Randy, the NCangler fishing log rocks!!! I think it is perfect. I loved the search feature and the feature for managing your own logs. I also thought attaching the thumbnails to the report was a real classy touch.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
That must have taken a lot of time. Thanks again for another job well done. Your dedication and hard work has been very obvious. I know that programmer probably wondered what kind of mess he had gotten into when he saw it on paper! Looks like all it needs is a little usage. AL

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
other people can read your log

:confused: Captains Club Members can read other peoples logs? Have I got that right? I like the idea, but I will probably not start one if that is the case. I'm funny about that kind of thing. I guess I will have to come up with my own little set of codes that no one will understand for my fishing log!:p

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have the option of making a log "Public" or "Private". No one can view "Private" logs. Even if you post a "Public" log you can still choose to keep GPS numbers "Private". :) Public logs are for folks that don't mind sharing information. If you are a private sort you can keep all your logs private. :)

Bread Man 1 said:
:confused: Captains Club Members can read other peoples logs? Have I got that right? I like the idea, but I will probably not start one if that is the case. I'm funny about that kind of thing. I guess I will have to come up with my own little set of codes that no one will understand for my fishing log!:p

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Bread Man 1--- Fellow speckled trout fishermen can understand and identify with your concerns. Deep down inside, I feel the 10 mile wrong direction rule will most probably apply on some of the public logs when it comes to trout holes, except for the well publicized trout hole locations. (I've already suggested swearing in to public site rather than logging in) :D

Later, Forrest

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
* Note to self:
All info "borrowed" from fishing logs in reference to "freckled fishies" accurate to within 40 square miles... GOT IT!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.