NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to fishing in NC I am stationed out of the Air Station at New River and wanted to get some tips on where to fish with out a boat around here. Also I have been chasing tide tables and trying to get the good times down to fish and can't seem to get it right I am a Gulfcoast guy and used to Texas fishing. What kind of tackle is usaually used around here. Any hel[p would be greatly apprecaited.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the boards FishingDoc. You have come to the right place for all the adivice you will need. There is a wealth of knowledge floating around these board and 99 percent of it is right on. Most surf or shore fishermen will tell you that you have a four hour window so to speak for good results. That window is two hours before and two hours after high tide. I tell most new anglers to the area to use what they have cause what usually works someplace else will work here.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey Fishindoc - welcome to NC and to NCAngler. I was up fishing in your backyard today! I fished Southwest Creek off of the New River - the creek runs right behind the air staion's runways. I was in a boat but there are several spots where you can fish from shore along the creek.

Right now the Specks have been in the surf - that will end soon as the temps drop but you might be able to get in on the tail end. Luremaker steered you right on the tides and tackle! Berkley Gulp! artificial baits are the hot ticket right now, you rig them like a soft plastic bait - on a jig head or on a carolina rig.

Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll try our best to help. We look forward to your fishing reports and maybe some pictures!

Tight lines!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fishindoc, before I got my boat we used to hit a lot of areas fairly close to you with a lot of bank acess, namely onslo beach and the ICW between onslow beach and Sneads Ferry. Also a lot of sucess at Seaview Pier. Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.