NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm laying around about to go nuts after having back surgery, while I have a brand new boat waiting to be picked up from Merritt Marine in Hillsborough. I haven't even seen the finished rig in person but I am living vicariously through some photos from Chad Merritt who did all the electronics rigging for me. I thought I'd share a few photos. Can't wait to get on the water with her. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry and not sorry

nc angler, im sorry you had to have back surgery, but im not sorry you bought a new boat. its a great feeling to get a new water ride, just becareful on the waves for a while and let that surgery heal up good.of coarse fishing will help the pain go away. i think we will have a good season this year. when i get my boat next week , ill post some pics also. untill then just get well. got to run, catbird........

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks catbird. Yeah I'm resting up anticipating getting my old life back. I hope we have some good weather days this year corresponding with days off this year! :) Look forward to your photos.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I know you are ready. The back might not be; but I know you are. I'm sitting here wishing I could put this trip off for 2 wks. to let things get fired up but if I don't go now it might be a while before I get another chance. Don't rush getting on the water just yet cause it's still a little while before it's primetime yet and you don't want to do any surgery twice. I hope you get to use this one more. With that electronics package you ought to be able to find anyplace anytime and see if anybody is at home. nice.... AL

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Al. Yeah I've got to take it easy for a couple more weeks at least. Hey I hope your trip goes well and that you have a blast. I'm working on an idea for a NCangler.com fishing tournament this fall so a bunch of us can meet in person and do some fishing. I think it will be a lot of fun. More to come! ;) Safe travels!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Nice outfit---My dealings with Merritt Marine go back to when Carl was working out of his garage in Hillsborough-- Chad was a toddler. They are top of the line in marine sales,parts,rigging and service. Your electronics installation is a good example of their capabilities. Take care of the back so that it can take care of you.

Later, Forrest

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Forrest. They are just 'good folks'. :) I splurged a bit on the electronics for sure. But there is no better time in life to enjoy it, while my kids still want to go with me. :)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Chad did a nice rig on the electronics, if they look nice and "tied" on the back.. your in good shape.

Now, I know Carl and Dick will take care of ya... so definately no worries there... get out when you heal up so you can enjoy her.

Funny,, last year for the Chaos brown boat. Coming out with a Tournement Series 210/215 with all white powder coated top and all that.... So you may have a unique boat model/year/special edition wise.. somethin to consider when you trade up down the road.

Yama digital guages,, definately the way to go

And just one little picky comment... what's up with the Triumph decal on the trailer??? You'd think they could have the color match the boat! ;) (Get on them 'bout that Randy! ha ha ha ha).

Dont worry your not missin too much right now with the way the weathers been.... heal up and take lot's of pix when your out messin your rig up with blood from all the fish you'll catch.

Nice Rig up!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dave. Yeah I'm real happy with Chad's work. The folks at Merritt are tops. :) Hearing that the Chaos tan color was going away made me want one more. I like the white boats but really like the black powder t-top on the tan boat. Hey good point on the trailer decal. Maybe Dick can find something for me. :p We're going fishing some day! ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wellcraft Dave said:
Hey, maybe ya could name yer boat "Broke Back Angler" :0
Starting to think Dave's been visiting the wrong kinda sites:eek: !

Nice rig Randy. After you're all healed up, we can put my little Collins in the back and you can drop me off when we get to the fish.:rolleyes:

Get better and get out!

Later,
Gary

·
Registered
60 Posts
how many more days have you got to be laid up ncangler? hope your feeling better,cause the fish are waiting. i heard them fish say just the other day, man, we got it made until ncangler gets on his new boat,then we will be in trouble and no place to hide. got to run, catbird..........

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
ParrotHead said:
Starting to think Dave's been visiting the wrong kinda sites:eek: !
NOPE NOPE NOPE Gary, no interest in THAT!! :rolleyes: :)

just pickin on him... someone's gotta rib him... I actually thought it was kinda funny... ya know,, just a back joke :D I'd like to believe y'all got a chuckle out of it... Broke back angler,,, now that's funny.. I dont care who ya are... GIT R Done! (ha ha ha haha...):D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
nc sweeeeeet lil ride right thar.. can't ask for a more reliable moter than the ole yamma hammer. i have over 400 hours on mine with out any problems-mine is a 2002 2 stroke-got all the toys in place.:cool: it will take you 3 weeks to figure out what all the gadgits will do 3 more months to get them set perfectly..

dave
i aint laughin...:( :( :( :( a broke back is no joke

zooker

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.