NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I was thinking about the one at Jacksonville??????? now you got me wondering:rolleyes:

So before I start off giving the wrong advise I'll wait for the answer breadman1.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
HAVE SEEN SOME SWEET BASS CAUGHT ON CORKS WITH MINNOWS THE LAST FEW MONTHS RIGHT BEHIND LAURADALE ACRES NOT SURE WHICH BRANCH THAT WOULD BE THOUGH,LOTS OF BASS TAKEN WITH WORMS AND LURE MAINLY RUBBER WORMS THAT I HAVE SEEN AND THE PAPER MOUTHS ARE VERY HUNGRY THERE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR ;) GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Pierman - that would be the main branch of the New River, just up in the skinny section. I grew up in a house about a 1 mile from there. In the spring that area gets a heavy concentration of frogs and as a result the bass get real thick in there. Or at least it did in the 70's - haven't fished that spot since I got out of High School.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Topsail angler-use to go to a old sand hole by the RXR tracks in Kinston, it would be full of frogs and the bass were equally full. Catch one on a mouse, rat, frog imitation and they would throwup frogs, they would gorge on them. :D

I had forgotten about that place until I read your article above, thanks for reliving the memory.

March time frame is a great time for spinnerbaits, break out your favorite, white/charteuse, single silver blade. That will put the thump on in the water and make for a great vibration to bring the Hawgs to the bait. :cool:
Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
SUP,
BIGGEST GAR MY SON HAS CAUGHT OUT OF NEW RIVER IN JACKSONVILLE WAS 56.5 AND MY PERSONAL BEST SO FAR 46.5 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.