NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of our fish are coming on topwater. We have had trout over 5 pounds, and some of the reds are 30+ inches. The gigging is good also when you can go, the best night over the past week was Saturday night, we had 24 in 5 hours. If you guys have any questions, fire away and I will try to answer them the best I can. I have also been roped into doing one of EC Sports seminars on Aug. 12.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice work! Do you ever miss just walking the planks with a bucket of finger mullet? :)

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
395 Posts
Cool looking spots on that drum in the sixth pic!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice fish!! Are you sight casting with the topwater or using it as a search bait? I have been throwing topwater a lot recently, with not the same results. What water depth are you in usually? What top waters are the most productive? Are you working it slow or fast? Are you getting bites more in the creeks or on flats and bays? I fish in the New River/Sneads Ferry area in every creek, flat, and bay I can get to. I do catch fish but just not in the numbers I would like or hear others talking about. I also get a lot of short strikes with no follow up, should I try another frequency pitch topwater when this happens or maybe change my retrieve speed? I see you have the most consistent report of any other capt/angler on here. Nice work and thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Breadman, you still got it dude. Miss seeing all the pics of the flounders you used to catch, but it looks as if you guys are catching plenty to make up the difference. You still the man. Maybe I will see you at the seminar. That one will be worth driving down to see.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice fish!! Are you sight casting with the topwater or using it as a search bait? I have been throwing topwater a lot recently, with not the same results. What water depth are you in usually? What top waters are the most productive? Are you working it slow or fast? Are you getting bites more in the creeks or on flats and bays? I fish in the New River/Sneads Ferry area in every creek, flat, and bay I can get to. I do catch fish but just not in the numbers I would like or hear others talking about. I also get a lot of short strikes with no follow up, should I try another frequency pitch topwater when this happens or maybe change my retrieve speed? I see you have the most consistent report of any other capt/angler on here. Nice work and thanks for the help!!
We usually fish 1-4'. Top Dog Jrs, and She Pups are about all we throw for the reds and trout. Once in a while a Spook jr. We work them both slow and fast, most of the time fast, it just depends. Creeks, flats, bays are all producing, again it just depends on the day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts