NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I decided to create a forum for our members to post prayer requests for themselves, family and friends. Please don't use complete real names to protect folks privacy, but be as specific as you can about the need, so we'll know how to pray. I love the fact that NCangler.com is bringing anglers from across NC and elsewhere together to share information and their passion for fishing. I also love the fact that many of my fellow anglers share a faith in Christ and a love for others that we can express in this forum. May God richly bless you! :)
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." - Philipians 4:4-8

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks NCangler! This is a great thread because there is tremendous power in prayer.

Pray for my son Ben. He is a missionary and he is leaving March 1st for Africa. He will be there for 4 months minsitering in South Africa and Mozambique. He will come back to the states and will probably return to Africa for a longer period of time to run a soccer outreach program in a rural area there.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark, thank you for sharing about your son. He will be in our prayers. I was in Africa myself last year. I greatly admire people that choose to serve others with their lives no matter what the cost. Your son has my respect and prayers. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks NCangler!

Ben is a fine young man who is dedicating his life to complete service for the Lord.

I am hoping that my wife and I will eventually be able to visit him in Africa and maybe even try some fishing over there.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Just thought I would let everyone know that Ben is doing great in Africa. The Lord is blessing his socks off and there is much fruit! Many people are getting saved and they are breaking through to the natives in rural areas as well as the young adults in the city near where they are. The devil has attacked them in a lame effort to stop what they are doing but their ministry is just exploding because of it. It is not without a price though as they were robbed at gun point in their complex a couple of weeks ago by five armed men. Praise God no one was injured. Ben called me about an hour after it happened and he was a little shook up. They just took a lot of their stuff but as my son said "it is just stuff". I guess the worst thing they took were their boots. I guess boots are a comodity over there for going out into the bush with. They count it a blessing knowing that they are stirring up the enemy because of their ministry to the people in bringing them to the Lord.

Mark

Reactions: NCangler
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.