NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Millions of anglers begin to fish by pursuing sunfish. Panfish are available to city kids and country anglers in every part of the country. This landmark book on warmwater fly rodding - augmented and full of helpful new illustrations - leads fly fishermen into the happy world of bream, bluegill, the basses, and various other panfish. Ellis helps us understand the environs in which the sunfishes are found, the techniques that prove most successful, and the best flies for each species and situation. Here's an invitation to fly fish for the sunfishes - for non-fly fishers, and for trout fishermen who have neglected this chance to enjoy fly fishing for the sheer fun of it. (6 X 9, 168 pages, illustrations)

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Sunfishes by Jack Ellis. A very good read about fly fishing for members of the Sunfish family. I thought this book would specifically target what I considered Sunfishes i.e.: Bluegill, but it goes into some depth about other members of the Sunfish family i.e.: Bass, Crappie, Rock bass. The author does most of his fishing in East Texas and almost all of the advice is centered around that region. The last chapter includes a number of fly tying recipes that I think would be of use to most warm water fly fishermen. Over all a good read, definitely not top on my list, but worth the price I paid for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.