NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rest In Peace BB King. King of the Blues.

i have a pick from BB. I use it as a bookmark. 2005 Denver, Colorado. BB comes out for his encore and exclaims: I want all the pretty ladies to come down front!"
My date grabs my hand and says lets go! We're maybe 20 rows back on the aisle And in the blink of an eye we're 10 feet from BB whose on a stool with Lucielle across his lap.

Im in awe.

BB plucks the opening chords, I know the tune instantly and bark out "Key To The Highway!!!"
The King looks right at me... Smiles and says "this white boy knows what he's talkin about" and flips me the pick like a frisbee. There's a crush from the crowd, I'm 6'1" and 250 at the time, with a 37" sleve. I grab the shoulder of the guy in front of me and elevate. Catch it clean. BB just smiles...

Caught 8 topwater reds today, a personal best. Falling tide. Fish were very aggressive. I've never had a fish straighten a split ring, wow.

I got the Key, to the highway
Built out and bound to go.
Im gonna leave here runnin
Walkin's most to slow.

God Speed BB

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SRV and Double Trouble just got inducted to the Hall of Fame this year. Regarding American Axes I highly recommend Roy Buchanon. Son of a preacher, Roy grew up in Bakersfield, CA. The greatest guitarist nobody's ever heard of. Was fortunate to see him play a dozen times or so. Serious Chops. Jeff Beck's idol. Roy turned down The Rolling Stones.
Go to YouTube and check out Roy Buchanon Livestock. Or a single entitled Sunset Over Broadway

·
Registered
42 Posts
SRV and Double Trouble just got inducted to the Hall of Fame this year. Regarding American Axes I highly recommend Roy Buchanon. Son of a preacher, Roy grew up in Bakersfield, CA. The greatest guitarist nobody's ever heard of. Was fortunate to see him play a dozen times or so. Serious Chops. Jeff Beck's idol. Roy turned down The Rolling Stones.
Go to YouTube and check out Roy Buchanon Livestock. Or a single entitled Sunset Over Broadway
I just checked out Roy Buchannon and he is AWESOME!!! thanks for the share man

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Nice post/report. But I gotta disagree with you guys, greatest guitar player born on this continent is Tony Rice. :D

Tony isn't a blues guy but I did listen to Roy Buchanan. He can rip, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we can all agree there is no "best" when discussing artists. The term is (at best, sorry couldn't help myself) very subjective. All the above listed axemen are masters of their craft. And we just scratched the surface.

A lot of readers on here with good taste in music.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fish_Fiend,

if if you're a Knopfler fan, check out "Eric Clapton and Friends, The Breeze, An Appreciation of JJ Cale". Knopfler is one of the friends and kills it. Other friends include Willie Nelson, Derek Trucks, Tom Petty, John Meyer all playing JJ's tunes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.