NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sad but I didn't see any exaggerations or untruths in it. By 1970 though it would have been hard to find a place that made a practice of selling ammuniton in less than box quantities. In 1970 I was 10 an had a .22 and a shotgun. By 1990 things were shamefully bad. At this point the future of hunting looks dismal. If we aren't careful we will loose enough access that even if we do get our youth involved hunting and fishing will become commercialized to the point you will have to pay for access anywhere you go. Pretty much there now. The next step is that the only access will be thru a guide. Without protecting access there isn't much future in training our youth to hunt and fish. I just hope it doesn't get to the point that people are eating pelletized food like we feed our livestock and pets. Kinda makes you think.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sinker I agree. Hunting and Fishing both are over commercialized and the cost is that we are losing people from our ranks. There have been studies that showest two of the biggest reasons are the perceived cost of going and lack of access. Part of the problem is an unwillingness to share from some of those amoung us. I heard a quote from the president of Safari Club International when asked about the loss of public access , He said," That the woods are to crowded anyway". All I can say is Selfishness. It becomes very easy for the radical enviromental groups to shut us out when the people who represent us as Sportsmen are only concerned about their 6 figure income buddies ability to hunt or fish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Cubic dollars.. The less there is of anything the more it becomes a rich man's game...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.