NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thieves cleaned out my fishing outfits yesterday morning. Parked the truck and boat at the Hardee's on corner at hwy 172. I had three spinning rod/reel combos wrapped in an old quilt, bungee cord around and attached to tie down points in truck bed. I went in to pit stop and grab a biscuit while my fishing buddy remained out at the boat. When he saw I was soon to be coming out he dashed in to use the rest room. Gear was where it was supposed to be when we arrived but not when we got to ramp. Anyone sees two 7' Star Rods, Plasma series spinning rods, one new 7'6" St. Croix Tidal series spinning rod, one new Penn Spinfisher V series reel, 4500 size and one Fin-Nor offshore spinning reel model OS5500 (1 year old)
Penn reel has small white label on spool indicates "#10 5/15"
A white pickup with three white males was parked facing our truck. The driver got out and followed my friend into the Hardee's. The gear was left unattended 3-4 minutes. This theft left me with nothing to fish with after getting a day off from work, making the two hour drive and investing in fuel, ice and groceries. My friend only brought one outfit with him so the deal left me hung out to dry.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received a call this afternoon from the Onslow county sheriff's office. They plan to visit Hardee's tomorrow to review security camera data. We were parked on the drive thru side so more than likely they had a camera watching.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've taken some big chances running into stores and such with a load of fishing gear in the boat. I need to be more cautious or I guess my day is coming. I have worked hard and "wheeled and dealed" to accumulate some pretty nice gear now and I would hate to lose it to some yahoo. Sorry this happened to you..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: RouseD

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sometimes I think I'm too paranoid, but stuff like this just reinforces my paranoia. I usually park my boat in the garage but wife wanted to refinish the kitchen table so parked it in the driveway for a few weeks. I was certain it would be licked clean by thieves, luckily it wasn't now safely back inside.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
hate that man. my friends think I'm nuts and complain about foot space because I refuse to leave my rods/reels in my truckbed or boat if we are making stops. got way too much invested and if I ever caught somebody trying to make off with it it would be their last move. hate a thief

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've had my fishing gear stolen during a tournament at Oak Island so I feel your pain. In my case, there were security cameras on the business next to wear we parked out trailers and we got the truck on camera, as well as the people, but no license plate.

Possibility Hardees or another business nearby has a camera facing the direction of your truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.