NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heade out this afternoon and worked the western side of the lake looking for some relief from the sun. Started off in one spot and missed a hookset on a quality fish just based on how heavy it was after attempt to set and have it come off. Worked so e topwater with no action so switched to wacky rig under bridge. Landed a little guy so the skunk was off.

After about out an hour I. This spot headed to another and tried topwater again. O luck so switched to t rigged tiki stick worm and on one cast a few seconds after worm hits water notice slack coming out of the line and lots of movement so gave it a rip and fish on. Fish went airborne immediately and even with the tip down was able to get itself airborne a few more times. As I get it closer to shore it make a run parallel to shoreline and now has itself sort of wrapped around a few branches hanging out. I kept the pressure tight and gave a few tugs and finally the braid and the fish worked together to come off. Fish made a couple more runs pulling drag like mad finally wore it out and got it in. When I went to lip it thing started wiggling like alll heck but hook was in solid. Got it on shore and and weighed in a nice 4.6 pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice fish spidey. I was at a lake a few days ago and lost three hefty ones between a friend and myself because they kept clearing the water and spitting the hooks out. Definitely going to have to try keeping the rod tip down in the future, hopefully that'll do the trick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts