NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I were at harris and he hooks into this 4 lb bass and doesn't have the net out. He tries to heave it up into the boat and fails, then he wouldn't give me the time to lip it and he tries it again and heaves it over the steering column!

[video=youtube_share;rLGd6HEzwm0]http://youtu.be/rLGd6HEzwm0[/video]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I wouldnt swing a 3 lber with a spinning rod, flipping stick with heavy line I might. When I am out fun fishing I dont even get the net out anymore, pretty much lip them or grab anything of size.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt swing a 3 lber with a spinning rod, flipping stick with heavy line I might. When I am out fun fishing I dont even get the net out anymore, pretty much lip them or grab anything of size.
I thought he was crazy for flippin it like that with his med spinning rod and light line. I woulda used a net or lipped it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My point exactly. Just lip it. Nets cause damage to fish. Maybe not as much as dropping them on the floor, or banging them off the console. But damage still. That being said, if I am in a tournament I want the net for almost anything. Other than that, lip it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm glad my boat don't have a storage box large enuff for my net...but I would never put it in one if it did. After catchin over 250 bass from 8 lb up to 12 lb 12 oz I'm always expectin to catch a biggun. And since I use cranks more than any thing else, I like a net to land'em with. I had one stick a treble hook thru my finger, ain't any fun...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.