NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Guess I'm gonna have to wait it out. NOAA says 80% chance of TS in my area so I figure thats a solid 50/50...LOL!!! It is a BIG front coming through so it will shock the fish pretty hard I'd guess but it will cool the water off alot... I'm gonna sneak out MON-TUE and see what happens.. Worst thing is my wife is gone to Maryland until Sun night and I have nothing to do now.... but clean tackle boxes I guess...:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live so close to the water - I'll try to sneak out this week-end and duck back in if the T-storms materialize.

BTW - we had over an inch of good steady rain here in Hampstead today... YEA!
Do you mind a visitor if the rain get to bad.:D
Its a 3 hr drive for me. So if I go, it will rain. If I stay home it won't. So since we all need the rain I'm going to ensure we get the rain we all need. :) At least I shouldn't have a problem finding a parking spot at Saltys.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
According to the new forcast Sunday is looking good weather wise. Water will be muddy from the rain but I can adjust... LOL!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a question...someone told me that fishing in the creeks won't be good if it rains because it dilutes the salinity of the water. Is this true or are the fish still active? A friend was thinking of fishing the creeks @ Jacksonville but might not because he heard this.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It depends on the creek and where you are on it. I don't think an inch will kill the fishing in very many places. It will help oxygenate and cool the water though. That will help things. If I could be there I would be fishing somewhere.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Some fish are more sensitive to the lower salinity levels than others. I know Flounder are often caught "way up" the river so they don't seem to care. I don't think Reds venture too far from the salty stuff nor do specks but a little rain isn't going to change the salinity levels that much in a tidal creek. What is does do though is make the water muddy, in which case you can forget the specks. Look for clear water near that muddy stuff and often you'll find some fish there.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
RAIN WILL KEEP ME CLOSE TO THE HOUSE THIS WEEKEND, AND MONDAY HAVE A DOG GONE DR. APPT. BUT THEN THERE IS TUESDAY AND HAVE BOAT WILL FISH. CHRIS.................

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Forecast keeps changing so rapidly I think I'll just stock some bait tomorrow and go for it sunday!

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you guys keep this up Im gonna have to come on here more often....just to see what kind of "fishing stories" your telling next.....

Thank you for the nice comments....although I do believe you must have me confused with someone else....to much time in the hot sun and all......

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Witchy I'm headin' up your way as soon as the weather breaks! Time for me to check out Surf City and see if I can catch some Pom-n-Spot..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went down to Fort Fisher today with the wife and kid, and the weather was great. We showed up right around high tide, and I put my lines in for my first ever attempt at salt water fishing in North Carolina. Three hours yielded two fish, both of them unknown to me! After just a little research here at home I gather that I landed my first bluefish and pompano. So not an absolute banner day, but definitely fun, and now I may have to study up and head back for some serious business. So can anyone tell me what the 6 to 8 inch bait fish that run in the breakers are? I was kicking myself for not bringing a net! There was an endless stream of them the entire three hours we were there.

Johnny

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.