NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
They make enough off of car navigation and other areas so they dont need to try and keep up with the Joneses, where as the others are focus mainly on marine products.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
The only one I've been exposed to is so "feature rich" it's tough to figure out how to do some of the more basic stuff.
I'm sure given a week or 2 of uninterrupted study most folks could learn to take advantage of all the great stuff ..... but who has time for that when there's fish to be caught?
In other words ... IMO ...... Fine units! Do what they are designed to do and do it well, but some are a might too "feature rich" for the casual fisherman.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have used the Garmin 2010c and loved it for ease of use and screen size. I know Garmin doesn't typically have the bells and whistles competitors might have but you get more for your money than with H-Bird or Lowrance. I tried a H-Bird and didn't care for it just because it wasn't user friendly...I didn't think so.
I know everyone has there opinions and own experiences but I have always like the way Garmin is user friendly, the screen size and functionality you get and easy-to-navigate through the screens

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had a Garmin 740s and it was so so. The charting was great. Loved the touch screen. Sounder was ok. Connectors sucked. I often had transducer issues with the main connector. I just bought a Lowrance HDs Gen 2. It has just as many if not more bells and whistles and the structure scan option is really nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.