NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday was one single slam, hookup, landing and meal. Not one single bit of action other than this one 24" fish that fell to the Spook Jr. Odd that there was absolutely no other action I thought.
Plant Fish Feather Grass Tail

Today was similar in that I could only manage one single bit of action. The fish was my largest to date at 28" and was caught 1-1/2 hours after high tide whereas the previous fish was 1-1/2 hours before high tide. This fish has some shoulders and pulled like I've never felt before.
Plant Plant community Water Liquid Terrestrial plant

The reason I went today, during a receding tide, was because of what I saw on Wednesday at almost low tide. I went out knowing the tide was not favorable for my usual spots. I was, and still am, annoyed that I can't figure out where the fish, that are around when there is more water, go during low water times. I didn't succeed in answering this question but I did see something worth the price of admission.
Last year I posted about a spot where is saw a red mudding. It was almost walking with its pectoral fins on the mud. Wednesday was the same deal but a larger fish and same spot but maybe 50' down the bank. I couldn't get my camera out soon enough unfortunately. This fish had its entire back out of the water as well. I was amazed. I got within several yards and it didn't Spook. It got bored I guess and slowly crawled into swimmable depth water and cruised away.
Even if I was given the chance I don't see how an artificial could be presented to these mudders? On the off chance that one bit it wouldn't be much of a fight I don't think because it would have to spray mud everywhere before it got to use its tail?
Anyone else know mudders?

Galaxy S4. Slimkat 4.4.2 official.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll be looking there every time I go. It would be a completely different experience catching one of these mudders.

Galaxy S4. Slimkat 4.4.2 official.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.