NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thee glorious sunny January days but the bass must be on vacation in Florida since no bites Friday. Two guys on Saturday no bites n three of us today and not bites. Wind has been blustery but favorable south n westerly n no bites. Oh well that's winter fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Spidey, don't take this the wrong way but I am kinda glad to hear that. I went out all day Saturday and pulled blanks. 2 spots at Blue Jay Point, 2 at Holly Point and WF Reservoir. Using different type of plastics and live minnows. I enjoyed the time out but disappointed on no bites but hearing the bank master was having no luck either I don't feel as bad about my blanks, it was just a bad day to fish, bite-wise. Taking my daughter out today to use the rest of the minnows.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I also got zilch yesterday trying to paddle in the wind at Harris. We packed it in early and didn't spend as much time with lines in the water as planned while we were there due to the conditions. We paddled a lot trying to find a deep spot out of the wind. Other reports I have heard locally were similar. I would have thought that front would have been a welcome change past the mud line (not far from the bank at Harris) but it didn't seem to be the case.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another skunk today. Though times right now but a buddy of mine texted he got a biggie at another lake

·
Registered
360 Posts
I caught 3 yesterday and was feeling pretty good. Now, after reading the reports, I feel very lucky. All were from a small pond. I tried a creek later but it was exposed to the chilly wind so I didn't last long.

Here's the biggest. He grabbed a blue/chartreuse worm. The fly rod was just for scale. Nobody seemed interested in flies.
Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish Fin Electric blue

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Barometric pressure has been up and down a lot the last few days according to the weather archives. Might have messed with the fish a bit and got them hunkered down.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I caught 3 yesterday and was feeling pretty good. Now, after reading the reports, I feel very lucky. All were from a small pond. I tried a creek later but it was exposed to the chilly wind so I didn't last long.

Here's the biggest. He grabbed a blue/chartreuse worm. The fly rod was just for scale. Nobody seemed interested in flies.
View attachment 68691
good job. I may have to mix it up and try another lake.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barometric pressure has been up and down a lot the last few days according to the weather archives. Might have messed with the fish a bit and got them hunkered down.
They are hunkered down for sure at least at Lynn. My one buddy was there from 1-5 yesterday and I was there from 230-5 not a nibble and we hit spots that usually have at least one little guy hanging around and hungry

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
This week they might perk up a bit with this little mild warmup we have going on. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.