NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day to fill out the 3 seats in my "custom" Mohawk. My son, oldest daughter, and I squeaked out 2 hrs on the pond this morning, and dodged the storms and most of the rain.

She was a little timid at first about joining us in the canoe before we launched. Once we pushed off there were no worries. My son was in the back and did his own thing, fairly well too.

Between the pee breaks, snacks, and playing with worms and fish ... I caught 4 small bass on pop-r. Kids caught a mix of bluegill, shellcrackers, and bass on worms from the backyard. Probably a dozen overall. Good times had by all. Daughter's bass came on a worm speck hanging beside the canoe while I was fishing for a new worm. That Shakespeare Scooby Doo rod has to go, it's terrible.

Wish I could get them this excited about cleaning up their toys!

Take a kid fishing!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I have the Spiderman version of that Scooby rod, took it apart and greased it with reel butter, spooled it with 8lb suffix and it gets used a lot by the nephews, has landed some 14-16" trout a rat red or 3 and I even sabiki up little pinfish with it..LOL!! That's a happy girl in that pic! He looks determined to fish too!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Great photos of big smiles on little kids. Great stuff.

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.