NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
and I use this one, you can even print monthly calendars.

http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/north-carolina

There are several app that provide tide information, the Seatow app is the first that comes to mind. As long as they know where the moon is, any app will give good tide info. The question is, what else does a given app have to offer.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Seatow used to have an awesome app now its just wierd. Had bar graph and everything now just this.

There are several app that provide tide information, the Seatow app is the first that comes to mind. As long as they know where the moon is, any app will give good tide info. The question is, what else does a given app have to offer.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
keep in mind all the apps will show the same info but you have to know how to add/subtract from their times based on the actual location you want to know about.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seatow used to have an awesome app now its just wierd. Had bar graph and everything now just this.

Mine looks significantly different, and I can rotate my phone to see the graph. I'm not saying that it's a great app, just that mine isn't so blue.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use "windfinder" as a APP on android, not bad, shows wind direction and wave info, barometer and a few other things. Good for on the fly stuff and there is a 4-5 day forecast with all that included. Haven't found it to be too far off, yet.

Also...free.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Do you have sea tow service? I noticed mine was as you described before I switched to boat us, now i dont log in so only get this.

Lowrance HDS units can get tide data from buoys. I forget exactly how to get to it but you have to be within a certain range for it to work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, I do currently have the service, that may be the difference. Does BoatUS have a useful app?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I installed Seatow and a couple more from Google play, and didn't like any of them. Installed USA Tides from Google play and it seems to do what I was looking for. Has a lot of NC tide stations. Had to install Adobe AIR to make it work. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Two sites I use before I go fishing because each gives some information the other doesn't
Magicseaweed.com for surf conditions and wind.
Tides4fishing.com for fishing related stuff like moon and tide coefficients.

Between the 2, you won't be in the dark about nothing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.