NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Plant Grass Helmet Gas Bicycle part
this was on my old trolling motor I have since upgraded motors but still use the handle. I cut a notch in the pvc, heat it with a heat gun (plumbers torch works too) and tap it on while warm then use clamps. I heat the "handle" end and make a bend that makes it easier to turn and to keep up with what position your switch is in. I know straight up for me is neutral. I also have wrapped some "decorative" duct tape around it to add some grip as the pipe gets slick when your hands are damp/dirty.

As far as legal reasons: since that lady years ago won her lawsuit over spilling her hot McD's coffee in her lap people have gotten stupid. Disclaimers are a necessity these days. Do this at your own risk.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I value my hard earned dollars and if I can make it within reasonable time, and it function properly, I will. But I am naturally mechanically inclined and I know this stuff isn't for everyone.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have made plenty of them, the safest, cheapest, and best way is to take an aluminum baseball bat, cut the end off to length, and then drill a hole that will correspond to the bolt that holds your tiller twist grip handle on. Go to the hardware store and buy a bolt that is long enough to go through the bat and the handle and attach the bat. You may also need to wrap the twist grip handle in tape to snug the baseball bat to it. Bats can be found at a thrift store for under $5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.