NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished yesterday morning and did alright, caught several bluecats with the biggest at 17 lbs. and got a 13 lb. channel. Didn't get the big one I was after, will get him next time....;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using gizzard and threadfin shad ( cut ) and white perch, (live @ cut ) you can usually catch some white perch on a hopkins shorty ( jigging ) or night crawlers on the bottom while your waiting for the cats.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Has to be 20lbs...I asked.

Although I am wanting to go get some cats Im activly trying to catch one over 20lbs haha.. biggest I ever caught was a 35lb channel in missouri

hey tom wanna go?

By the way nice catches!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Has to be 20lbs...I asked.

Although I am wanting to go get some cats Im activly trying to catch one over 20lbs haha.. biggest I ever caught was a 35lb channel in missouri

hey tom wanna go?

By the way nice catches!
Rob - The state vacated the old state record set in 1971. A picture of the fish surfaced and it was determined that the catfish was a flathead not a channel cat. They set submissions to establish a new state record at 20 pounds. Earlier this year they dropped the minimum to 10 pounds because no one had submitted a fish. Soon there after a 16 pound channel cat was submitted and is now the state record.

So any channel cat over 16 pounds will set a new state record. Definetly within reach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.